You never know what each day is going to bring, or what the world might throw at you. The best thing you can do is set yourself up each morning to deal with whatever will come your way. That’s what Morning Rituals can do.
How you start your day makes you who you are and what you are able to give and achieve. So why not have a morning routine that lets you show up as the best version of yourself
What does your current morning ritual look like? Making time for your self-maintenance and self-care each and every day is the best thing you can do for yourself and others! —
What are morning rituals?
A morning ritual can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it. That is the beauty of it. Your morning routine is personal and completely tailored to you and your needs. So each persons morning will be completely different.
If you don’t already have a morning routine, start experimenting.
Don’t know where to start? ask yourself these questions:
What brings you joy?
How do you want to feel on a morning?
What things do you need to make you feel and be the best version of yourself?
You can start your day with meditation, a good cup of coffee, or just a hot bath/shower and spend the time to moisturise with a good essential oil afterwards. If it gives you the right frame of mind, fills you with confidence and joy, and gives you the head space to be ready for your day. Do THAT!
Since Spring is a time of new beginnings and fresh starts now is the perfect time to start making changes and tweaks towards a better you.
My personal journey…
Since getting sick I’ve had to accept that it takes more for me to be ready to face the world and cope with things. More time, more sleep, and more space to get my mindset right. More effort to show up and keep going….
Knowing what I need, and actually allowing myself that precious extra time to be there for myself though?, now that’s two completely separate things! And I’m still working on the second part
– acceptance that things have changed and letting go of that control over everything is a work in progress… Embracing me as I am, that I am enough here in this moment. That’s still hard for me.
My Morning Ritual
So what does my personal morning ritual look like? It isn’t always exactly the same, but generally speaking its as follows:
– move my body. Whether that’s a run or stretching with a long yoga session (or both) I always try to start my day moving my body, even when I REALLY don’t feel like doing it. I know that I will feel better for it afterwards. It helps reduce the stiffness and pain that I suffer from most days, makes me feel like I’ve achieved something even if I don’t have the energy to manage to get out for the rest of the day. It’s also a good mood booster.
– meditation. My yoga practice is always, ALWAYS followed by a minimum of 20 mins meditation. Clear my head, focus my mind, this is definitely my way of getting my balance & getting in the right head space to prepare myself for the day.
– have a hot bath. This is a real luxury for me. I do it every day, but it still feels so luxurious to slide into the hot water, to forget the real world for a little while and just relax. Its also another really good way for me to help my muscles and hopefully reduce the pain and stiffness.
– moisturising. Yes I have a moisturising routine! Call it another luxury, but I moisturise from head to toe each morning before I get dressed. It just makes me feel good…
– listen to music. My morning routine is always accompanied by music; calming and peaceful for my yoga and whatever will put me in a good mood and lift my spirits. There may even be a little singing and dancing as I go too 🙂
– a big mug of green tea. There’s just something about a hot mug of tea that comforting, soothing, and uplifting all at once. I never feel like my morning is quite done until I’ve had my tea!
And that’s it. It’s all the little things that add up to a morning ritual.
At least once or twice a week I will also treat myself to a face mask, paint my nails, shave my legs (all the girly pamper stuff). I also clean, organise, & cleanse my space too. Having a clean space and everything organised puts me in the right frame of mind to tackle everything else!
So whats your morning ritual? I’d love to hear how you start your day… and if you don’t have one yet, what are you going to start including?